Obtaining FI(A) qualification allows you to perform paid work as a flight instructor (FI) and, thus, gain new experience in your aviation career. For people, who decide to take training at our ATO, it is possible to start cooperation as an FI(A) instructor in the future, here at LFA.
The candidate applying for the training must:
- within the 6 months before the commencement of training, complete a test flight with an authorised flight instructor to assess whether the candidate can start training;
- complete 10 hours of training in IFR flights on the appropriate aircraft category, including no more than 5 hours of IFR on the FSTD;
- perform 20 hours of VFR flights as a PIC on the appropriate aircraft category;
- have completed at least 200 hours of flight time on airplanes, of which 150 hours must be logged as a PIC;
- have completed at least 30 hours of flight time on single-engine piston airplanes, of which 5 hours must be completed within the 6 months before the control flight specified in FCL.930.FI letter a. is performed;
- perform a VFR flight acting as a PIC, covering at least 540 km (300 nm) distance, during which candidate must make full stop landings at 2 different aerodromes.
Theoretical FI(A) training
- 125 hours of ground school
Practical FI(A) training
- 25 hours in a single-engine Tecnam 2008 aircraft
- 5 hours in the ALSim ALX flight simulator